[OM] Blue Moon

Subject: [OM] Blue Moon
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:05:51 -0800
Okay folks, help me out cuz I'm thinking about playing with my OMs
tonight in a way that is way out of my element. This past Sunday a good
friend gave me a real nice looking Bogen tripod (we don't normally use
tripods in racing photography...monopods only) which helps provide some
incentive. Tonight, out here in the West anyway, is a Blue Moon.
Moonrise is at 5:19pm. The way Santa Cruz is situated on the Monterey
Bay there are locations where one can take a shot of the moon rising
from land accross the ocean (bay). My thought is the 350/2.8 is the
right lens, probably. Any tips or suggestions, should I venture out to
do this, will be greatly appreceated. I figured I would let the OM-4T or
-2S AE system take care of exposure, shooting a few and bracket the
exposures with the compensation dial. My kids are off with their mom at
6:00 so I can't catch the moonrise itself, but hope that it will be low
enough in the sky by the time I get out (figure an hour after the
official moonrise time) to get something interesting. If I wind up with
anything good, I'll post the results.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com