Re: [OM] Any thing wrong with the OM2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any thing wrong with the OM2?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:13:22 -0800
=====Thanks for the info. A couple more questions, if I may. I'm a bit
confused
about the X-sync speed of the OM2. The OM2n is 1/60, but the OM2 keeps the
shutter open until "enough" light is registered. What does this translate
into as far as sync speed and general flash and fill flash usage? Do you
pretty much have to make sure you have enough flash power to cover your
subject to avoid a longer shutter speed? thanks.
-dean====

The OM2 is 1/60 on manual.  On auto it should be 1/60 but sometimes
I find that the display says 1/60 and the actual off the curtain exposure is
a bit shorter and the flash does not fire.
If on auto the flash exposure is not sufficient the shutter will stay open
until
enough ambient light completes the exposure.
Fill flash should be done in manual.
Yes it is wise to be sure the flash will cover the needed exposure unless
you
are purposely being creative.

I use the OM2 with a T-32 regularly and love it.  I have no need for the
ready light
because I always wait an extra few seconds to make sure the flash has fully
cycled.
I am not sure the ready light in the 2n waits for a full recharge before
illuminating.

Charlie