Re: [OM] Items on E*bay

Subject: Re: [OM] Items on E*bay
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 17:28:50 -0400
Well said Tom. An added suggestion to new members. I cringe at the thought of being black-listed again by "that auction place" but here goes. We started a list of list members IDs that is still on Siddaq's site, I believe. I don't believe it is currently up-to-date though. Last time, it took a number of list member's letters to bail me out for mentioning this list after the evil empire discovered my name in association to it. They did save me some money by banning me though. :-)

Gregg

Dean,

You actually hit on something that we do have a 'list etiquette' for.

Offering Olympus related equipmented on the list is not only ok, it is
highly encouraged. Many of us find some of our most desired purchases here.
The only 'rule', or perhaps guideline, is that all offerings have a price
associated with them, normally with a little bit of a 'bargain' associated
with it.  I don't mean loss pricing, just that we try not to gouge each
other.  Nothing says someone can't offer you less (off list), either, but we
also try not to try to get a steal from a fellow list member. We don't do
'make an offers', or pseudo-auctions.

As for ebay, we all buy and sell there too.  Since we all watch it pretty
closely, we don't post here when we have something up on ebay.  Since there
are so many of us, and we all sell frequently, we'd be flooded with ebay
listings.  So we don't do it.  We've started recognizing each others ebay
ids, so that is a good thing.  Ebay is fair game though -- if you can get a
steal (great steals are 'fangs') then you're applauded, even if it is from a
list member.

You will see occasional posts about ebay items that have a great BIN price,
or when we get a great deal, or when it is something fairly rare.  We never
post our own, but do try to make sure the 'best stuff' gets into, or stays
in, the 'family'.

Hope that helps everyone that is new since we talked about this.

Everyone else, jump in with clarifications, if you disagree.

Tom

Dean,