Re: [OM] (ot) Eastman Kodak and wild spaces

Subject: Re: [OM] (ot) Eastman Kodak and wild spaces
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:57:25 -0700 (PDT)
I wasn't looking in the right places I guess. I was
looking for a back road that was scenic and yet quite
untraveled. I can find those 70 miles down the
interstate, they are like the roads you can find off
the Penn Turnpike, usually with lots of potholes, but
worth the view. That was what I was looking for. I
obviously was mistaken in trying to look for it in
Monroe County. Oh well. I thought theat Rochester was
more similar to midwest cities like Des Moines where
there is a clearly dilineated (but quickly
diasappearing) line between the city, the suburbs, and
the country. Instead I found a situation like New
Jersey, where there is no country. What isn't city
like Newark, Trenton, or Atlantic City is either a
suburb, or a suburb masquerading as a 'bedroom
community' Bedroom communities are suburbs with 5 to
10,000 people rather than 15 or 20k like regular
burbs.

Mark Lloyd