Re: [OM] OM Specs

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Specs
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:16:23 +0200
At 04:46 20.10.01, Tim Hughes wrote:
My memory is if you change some of the resitors on the P board (under the
baseplate) you can change the times. (Also you can change the resistor
feeding the LED limiter that actually does the cut off, not so good). The
range of acceptable values before the P circuit no longer times at all, is
limited but you probably can double the time. If you overdo it the camera may
never time out in complete dark except by battery exhaustion. The service
manual has some details of acceptable values for the parts.

Let me see if I got that: The P board cuts off power after ~3.5 minutes, this board is easily accessible and can be modified, but should not be taken to extremes. The "LED limiter", is that simply a LED that shines on the meter cells after the P-board has timed out, or are there two separate limiting mechanisms?
Also, are there similar mechanisms in the OM-4T(i) models?

Thanks!
Thomas Bryhn