[OM] Laguna Seca CART weekend

Subject: [OM] Laguna Seca CART weekend
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:32:43 -0700
A racing photographer aquaintance who is a die hard Nik*n fanatic asked
me if I had heard of the skins (Morgan Sparks' skins) for OMs. Turns out
he has some kind of rangefinder that Morgan also does skins for (Canon
perhaps?) which is how he had heard of him. Next thing I know he's
playing with the focus on the 350/2.8 and says something like, "that is
smooth isn't it?" <grin> The things we forget about in the AF
wunderbrick world I suppose...

In an effort to provide fast results to a certain web publisher I shot a
couple rolls of Fuji Reala and made arrangements with my lab to do one
hour service late Saturday afternoon for develop and scan to CD. The
rest I shot my typical Provia F and edited those, and scanned a few,
last night. If curious the link for preliminary results is:
http://motorsportvisions.com/lscart01/index.htm I really liked the
results of the Reala.

I may have to start doing more negative film with quick-turn processing
to CD or go digital sooner than later. My local lab has stopped doing 2
hour E6 (big frown). I can still get same day service so I guess I
should consider myself fortunate...but for how long will that last?
Besides Reala and NPS which I have tried both of, what other fine grain
negative films out there should I try playing with?

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com