Re: [OM] 21/3.5 SC vs 21/3.5 MC vs 21/2

Subject: Re: [OM] 21/3.5 SC vs 21/3.5 MC vs 21/2
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:47:45 -0700
So your theory is that the MC process applied to a filter is useless? I would disagree with that. As for lens shades, they do serve a function and I use them religiously, even in the low-light situations. How filters could serve the same purpose completely eludes me (if you didn't mean to say that exactly, please explain further), unless you meant to refer to the relative vignetting effect that regular-depth filter rings have wide-angle lenses, which might serve as a sort of "hood." With that I'd have to agree, though we're not talking much "protection" in that case.

Tris