[OM] Leonids meteor shower Nov 17-20

Subject: [OM] Leonids meteor shower Nov 17-20
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:22:55 -0400
On Thursday, October 11, 2001 at 18:28, Roger Wesson <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "Re: [OM] Orinids meteor shower...exposure, film e," saying..

> Oh, but if you're lucky with the weather, it could be a stunning
> event. Don't know if you've ever heard of Asher and McNaught?  Two
> astronomers who predicted last year's peak to within a couple of
> minutes AND predicted its intensity very accurately.  They reckon this
> year's peak will be a very big one.  Definitely worth catching a cold
> for!

North, Central America, Siberia in the hours before dawn Nov 18
(10:01 UT peak)
Australia, East Asia, Oceania, in the hours before dawn Nov 19 (Nov
18 UT 17:31, 18:19 peaks)
And on the nights before & after, but not so much.

See http://www.arm.ac.uk/leonid/info2001.html for maps, details.

Look towards Leo constellation.
tOM A. Trottier, ICQ:57647974 http://abacurial.com
        415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
        +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412  N45.417 W75.705
(after 2001 Oct 20) 758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115  N45.412 W75.714