Re: [OM] What's up with this guy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's up with this guy?
From: Larry <Halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:33:35 -0400
There's definately 2 sides of the coin here. I've struck a deal off ebay
many times (as seller AND buyer) and find it much easier. I've never had
someone turn down something they wanted when offered to them at the bid
price, and my rating shows enough integrity to not screw them. Saving
the ebay commission helps enable me to give it to them at that price, as
ebay's seller services suck. They truly could care less if you get the
item, and do a pretty small effort to work it out. Plus, they keep their
listing fee anyway, so they got paid. If anyone tried to suggest I
sweetly & righteously put it back on ebay, and then they'll bid on it,
to do right by eBay, I'd just contact the bidder below him, and sell it
to that person, or put it on with the same reserve. I gotten screwed
doing it the "right" way for eBay, more than the "wrong" way off
auction. The only thing I lose is a good feedback, but the buyer is
appreciative, and many times comes back and buys from me again because I
made it easy for them. (Same when I'm a buyer)

Larry