Re: [OM] Controled mirror prefire on OM2S,4,...

Subject: Re: [OM] Controled mirror prefire on OM2S,4,...
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:41:18 +0200
It might be a brilliant idea, but the whole finesse with the
selftimer is that there are no extern stirring of the camera.
Wouldn't the pressure of the cable release possibly be liable to
making the camera vibrate? Then you lose the benefit of either mirror
lockup or aperature prefire, or both.

Henrik Dahl

hallo,

I want to share my latest tought about the "missig" mirror-lock up
with the late
 OM-System bodies. For lot of work the fixed 12 second self-timer period is
just awkward. But some time ago I´ve found out, that the camera is immediatly
firing when the self-timer-lever is turned back.
The idea is to tape a cable release with adhesive tape at the body.
The top of the cable release should be justifyed in a way that it moves the
shelf timer lever  into neutral position. This should bring the
contol of the moment of
release back to me. What do you think. (except that the leather is
not good for taping).
Could this harm the body?

Frieder Faig