[OM] Sticky OM-1 Shutter - advice?

Subject: [OM] Sticky OM-1 Shutter - advice?
From: "Patrick Freeman" <pfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 18:20:21 -0400
I recently picked up an old black-body OM-1, and spent a lot of time
restoring it (leather and foam).  At the time I bought it, the shutter
appeared to work fine.  Now, however, it sticks.  At "B", the curtain
doesn't go completely into the left side (as viewed from the back), instead
it stays out as much as a half-inch to a quarter-inch.  At faster speeds,
most of the time it simply doesn't open.  Sometimes it does, but mostly it
does not.

My question is, can this be treated with SMALL amounts of lubricant in the
shutter track?  Is this likely to help?  Or am I better off tearing it
apart and lubricating the shutter gears?  Or paying the money and sending
it off for repair?

Thanks for any advice!

-- Pat Freeman
pfreeman@xxxxxxxxxx