Re: [OM] Precautions when buying used OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] Precautions when buying used OM-4
From: Arild Eikenaes Vengen <Arild.Vengen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:35:54 +0200 (MET DST)
Thanks both of you. I forgot to say that after I read the faq I tested all
these things, and the camera seems to work fine, but I wondered if there
are symptoms that can tell if my OM-4 are in the "high-risk group". I take
it that one can never be sure.

In regard to the battery-drain issue, I misread the faq. I thought that
the newer circuit were just available in the OM-4T(i) and not the plain
OM-4. But now I have tested the batterycheck-beeper, and it stopped after
about 30 sec.

There are no visible dings or dents, just a little "strap-mark" on both
sides. But the advance-lever behave a little bit different from the OM-1,
it just don`t feel as mechanical solid as the OM-1-lever.

I will check more on the MD-cover underneath the OM-4, because I were able
to take the OM-1-cover and use it on the OM-4. Maybe I didn`t make myself
clear enough in regard to what I meant?

Regards,
Arild E. Vengen