Re: [OM] screens

Subject: Re: [OM] screens
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:23:17 +0800
No, all the screens I have seen were not clear, including the Minolta,
Canon and Nikon. Minolta still using the "Acute Matte" screen, which
was also employed on Hass 503CX. I have Minolta 7000i screens with
grids on my OM4 and OM3, which is slightly shorter (in height) than
the normal OM screens, so you may see a gap on top or bottom of the
viewfinder, but it is best screen I have ever used, brighter than
normal OM 1-series screen, gives good balance on all lenses. Since I
only use matte area for focusing a good screen is very important to
me.

If you want the brightest screen for use with long tele, OM 2 series
screen is the best so when I use my Zuiko 500/8 I will change it to
2-4. I also have canon EOS laser matte screens, they are very fine,
close to the 2-4 but slight easier to focus than 2-4 when used with
some wider and smaller aperture lenses.

C.H.Ling

thing that makes the view brighter also makes focusing more difficult.