RE: [OM] Aurorae Borealis - a bit OT

Subject: RE: [OM] Aurorae Borealis - a bit OT
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:22:27 -0600
> Ok, this is a long shot - if anyone happens to be in Canada or the
> northern US, and it's dark right now and it's also clear and
> you're also awake, then have a look outside - there's apparently
> quite a lot of auroral activity going on right now.

 I saw these on Sunday night around midnight -- very impressive, though the
full moon and streetlights didn't really help. Spent about half an hour
watching them, went back to get camera+tripod to try and get some shots, and
once I'd got to somewhere relatively dark, the interesting stuff had died
away.. rats. Though I'm not sure what it would have looked like; stars with
some white smears over the image, I suspect -- the good bit was watching
them _move_..

 -- dan