Re: [OM] Foam seals

Subject: Re: [OM] Foam seals
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:07:20 -0500
Sometimes the foam seals revert to their petroleum by-product origins --
i.e., they get "mushy", like tar.  Sometimes, though, they get dry and
powdery.  I don't know why or when the difference.  I've seen it on
every model, from 1's to 4t's, so check them all.

Also, the thin pieces along the top and bottom sometimes degrade
differently than the piece along the end -- always check both.  Take
something pointed and gently drag it along the foam at the top and
bottom of the back to see if it's getting "gooey", as well as dragging a
finger across the hinge foam.

And don't forget the foam above the mirror -- it get's soft, too.
Replace all at once is my procedure.