Re: [OM] Cost of B+W processing?

Subject: Re: [OM] Cost of B+W processing?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 14:28:39 -0500 (CDT)
On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 17:52:13 +0100, Chris Barker wrote:

>My tutor refuses
>to countenance fiddling with parts of a print (dodging and burning)
>because he insists on having the correct exposure the first time -

Bah humbug. The picture isn;t finished until I say it is, and if I
control the process from start to finish, there's no reason that one
part of the process has to be any more "pure" than any other part of
the process. Ultimately, the piece of art will stand on how the print
looks, and not whether the highlights and shadows came from the
camera or the darkroom.
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx