Re: [OM] Poll on Focusing Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Poll on Focusing Screens
From: pschings@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:52:54 -0400
Cc: tturgeon@xxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:27:00 -0400 "Tina Turgeon" <tturgeon@xxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> What do I have to do (in the camera) to check which focusing
> screen I have?  By looking at the e-sif, it looks like I have
> either the 1-13 or 2-13.
>
> Tina

Tina,

I'm pretty you don't have another screen (which comes with a special tool
for insertion and removal). A good pair of tweezers makes a suitable
substitute, though.

Take your lens off the camera. Looking through the lens mount you will
see a small tab at the top front inside the mirror box, near the prism.
Use the tweezers or a fingernail to pull this tab forward gently. The
screen frame and screen should drop down in front of the mirror. The
screen has a little tab that fits in a slot on the screen frame. On the
tab should be inscribed either a "13" for a 1-13 screen, or a "2-13".
These number can be a little hard to read (a loupe might help). Use the
tweezers to push the screen frame back up until it clicks. Needless to
say you want to do this in a fairly dust-free environment.

With an OM-2SP, yours is most likely a 1-13 screen.

Paul Schings