Re: [OM] Foam seals

Subject: Re: [OM] Foam seals
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:15:01 +0200

An easy test...
check the mirror to see if there are marks or deposits on the front surface
where it hits the foam buffers.
Open the back and run you finger along the metal edge of the backflap where it
contacts the foam seals in the grooves; if it feels a little sticky or gooey,
the foam needs changing.....
Both my champagne OM-4Ti's are OK, by the way.

Sincerely,
Roger Key

>It is easy to see when foam seals need to be
>exchanged. The foam on the back hinge of my OM-4 is
>tacky and flaky and in general it looks kinda gross.
>The foam on the mirror pads, however, looks like foam
>rather than a tacky mess. It still keeps out light,
>but I don't know for how long. So to answer your
>question it is very easy to tell if your foam's bad,
>it doesnt really look like foam :)
>
>Mark Lloyd

So, to interpret your answer: if I don't see anything strange, then
all is well?

Henrik Dahl