Re: [OM] Kitstar & Tammeron

Subject: Re: [OM] Kitstar & Tammeron
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 17:08:03 -0700
I believe that "Kitstar" was the house brand for the old Kits Camera
chain.  Kits was acquired by Ritz, so Kits is now Ritz Camera.

I know at onetime some list members have speculated that Hoya made their
filters, and Tokina made their lenses.  Would be pretty good stuff, if
this were the case.  The new house name is "Quantaray" which is also
supposed to be Tokina.

If you're happy with the lens, enjoy it!  I suspect that a modest
telephoto of modest aperture is a relatively "easy" optical problem.  I
have a "Sakar" 135 that is fine optically, but is crummy mechanically.

Bill Stanke

<snip>