RE: [OM] I Pulled a "Real Stupid"

Subject: RE: [OM] I Pulled a "Real Stupid"
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:10:20 +0200
Hi,

> YOu might want to consider sending that to me. I can have itcleaned for US
> 12.00. Problem is cost of sending and returning to you.

Thanks for the offer!

$12.00 would certainly have been a great price for getting the fungus
removed, however, there are two pitfalls with this particular lens:
1) The fungus is highly likely located between the 3rd and the 4th element,
which are cemented together. I don't think it will be easy/possible to
separate these to elements without damaging them.
2) The two halves that comprise the lens have been glued together. Using
acetone may do the trick in getting rid of the glue, but if not used
properly, may do further damage to the lens.

Either way, the fungus is really tiny (two small specks) so I'm not too much
bothered by it. If someday I decide to have it removed after all, I will
certainly keep your offer in mind though!

Cheers!
Olafo