[OM] Circ. Polarizers - What brands?

Subject: [OM] Circ. Polarizers - What brands?
From: James M Costello <jamie-nancy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:00:38 -0400
I'm new to the list.   A dozen or so years ago, a cousin gave me his OM-1
MD because he and his non-manual wife were upgrading to an EOS.
Unfortunately, the little OM-1 sat and sat and sat.   I took it on a trip
and the Delta luggage simians sort of smashed the old Zuiko 50/1.8 and
its UV filter.   I ended up replacing it with a perfectly horrid used
135/2.8 of undetermined origin (all I could find loca.   Long story
short: I'm ready to jump in with both feet and seriously learn how to use
this thing.

I'm looking at buying a circular polarizer and am really in the dark
about brands and quality.   I've seen that Olympus even makes them.   Are
the Hoya multi-coated any good?    Boy, am  in the dark.   I could really
use the collective wisdom of y'all ... drink at the fountain, so to
speak.

Jamie Costello