Re: [OM] Olympus IS-3000 color shift?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus IS-3000 color shift?
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 12:09:31 +0200
Hi,

James Burris wrote:

> I recently picked up an Olympus IS-3000 camera and upon inspecting my first
> roll, I noticed a definate green tinge to the images.  Is this common?  It
> might have been my lab's fault, but I thought I would ask and see if anyone
> else with the IS camera has noticed the same thing.

Could be the labs fault, as others indicated, but it could also be
underexposure. In this case many automatic lab printers try to correct
exposure. This often leads to a greyish to green cast on the prints, combined
with a rather grainy look. Check the negatives. This happened to me some time
ago with concert pics with a completely black background. The lab machines
"thought" they were underexposed and tried to "correct" what they reckoned to
be a fault.

Regards

Bernd Möller