Re: [OM] Stylus Epic Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Stylus Epic Question
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:19:55 +0200
Hi Charles,

> After staring at the chart for a while I think I am getting the idea.
> It seems that the camera does try to keep the shutter speeds within
> a hand hold speed whenever possible.

I also stared at it for a while, and my conclusion is that below EV 11 it
prefers shutter speed to aperture. That's why there is a lack of depth of field
in these situations. Flash sync speed is 1/35.

I also wondered why the mju-II sometimes fires the flash in bright sunlight: it
has an infrared sensor that triggers the flash in incandescent and other
artifical light with a higher or lower colour temperature. As sunlight also
contains large amounts of IR light, it can fool the camera.

Funny little thing, the mju-II.

Regards

Bernd