Re: [OM] B/W film specs

Subject: Re: [OM] B/W film specs
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:25:38 -0700
Ilford HP5 (and other 'conventional' B&W films) have had emulsion
improvements through the years. I don't know specifics though. I have
not found the HP5 to be to high in contrast in general. I suspect that
it might be relates to processing. HP5 has always had a reputation for
having the ability to change contrast by changes in development. It may
be that the paper's lab developed for higher contrast. As I recall Tri-X
was not as receptive to contrast changes via development.

Jim Couch