Re: [OM] OM Single digit on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Single digit on eBay
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:50:24 -0300
On 9/26/01 11:55 AM, "DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx" <DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fellow Zuiks,
>
> I just scrolled through the current listings for Olympus on eBay.  I found
> only one single digit OM listed for sale by a US seller (there are several in
> Germany) and it is reported to be good only for parts.  Is it my imagination,
> or has the supply of bodies on eBay been drying up for some time?  Is this
> due to the times?  What does this portend for the value of our much loved
> cameras?

Well this confirms my suspicion that I've cornered the market on chrome
OM-1n's! Well okay, I ONLY have 3. Once I get another body (yes, another
body), I'll probably sell 1 of them. I only picked up the 3rd because I was
able to get it with a 85/2 for $300 total, which I thought was pretty good
since it seems the 85/2 usually averages $250 on it's own.

Good to know that the market has dried up and I can now litter my ebay ad
with tons of references to how rare a valuable the OM-1n is. :-)

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx