Re: [OM] (Fwd) Slide Processing & Film Scanning

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) Slide Processing & Film Scanning
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:27:21 -0700
Seattle Film Works (Photoworks) will do prints and slides from any E-6 slide
film or C-41 print film. I have had them do some for me and they do a fine job
job with the slides. The prints are ok, typically above the level of your
average 1 hour place. They also can scan the roll at time of processing and put
them on CD or e-mail them to you. The scans of C-41 film are ok for e-mailing,
ect but not great. The scans from E-6 are nothing short of awful. The few times
I have tried them for E-6 scans, regardless of the film used the scans are
grainy and 'muddy'.

I don't think she will have any real problem with the film she has. I have had
films FAR older than that processed successfully.

Jim Couch

SNIP