[OM] (Fwd) Farwell and Ta-ta for now

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) Farwell and Ta-ta for now
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:45:44 +0000

From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Farwell and Ta-ta for now
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:37:40 -0400

I've had it with the shenagins on the list in recent times.  I'll be
uns*ubscribing for a few weeks or months.

As many of you know, I've been on this list for several years, and a
staunch supporter of the OM system and the sense of community that has
developed here.  It's sad to see the poor manners that many here have had,
especially with the the level of quality in the contributors; if you take
out the OT's and crap.

The ills created by our Australian friend are not to blame.  He's an
abberation.  If he'd actually calm down, he had good thoughts.  Something
must have snapped for someone to "go postal" like that.

If the list were "mine", I shut it down for a week or two.  But of course,
that would be giving in to terrorists and the like.  I hope that things
calm down and the list volume goes back to a managable, on-topic volume.
There are plenty of forums on the 'net for OT conversations; if you must
voice PI opinions, do it there.  Even better, talk to your family and
friends, then you can see their faces, reactions, and body language.  And
you'll have to deal with the ramifications of your words in real life, not
in the imaginary world of email lists.

Good luck to all.  I can be reached at skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx if anyone
wants to contact me offlist.

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list
subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed
here.