RE: [OM] Out of date film WAS: Discount store film

Subject: RE: [OM] Out of date film WAS: Discount store film
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:25:57 -0700
I haven't personally shot much out of date film, but this past week I had
developed six rolls of film that was a bit out of date. Long (stoopid and
boring) story as to why, but the *youngest* roll was at least 14 years old.

Got the negatives back today (no way was I paying for prints with stuff that
old). Of the shots that came out (my typically low percentage) virtually
every one seems to be just fine as to color (I've been scanning the negs).
Most of these rolls were refrigerated for nearly the entire time, but
they've also seen at least 2 full years of room temperature,
un-air-conditioned Southern California storage. I've been pleasantly
surprised and impressed.

Oh, yeah, lest I forget, the film is Eastman 5247.

---
Scott Gomez