[OM] Discount store film

Subject: [OM] Discount store film
From: "Jerry Smith" <proudtexan63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 20:14:31 -0500
   Hello everyone,

 I wanted to drop a line and tell about going to K-mart this afternoon. I
remember someone late last week was asking about getting film at the discount
stores. Anyway I was at the store and looking at the film, didn't expect to see
anything faster than 400 speed. I looked down at the bottom and found some
Kodak Max 800, four rolls of 24 exp. Pulled one off and looked at it, flipped
it over and checked the date and it was 8/1999. Pulled off the other three and
only one was not out of date, and it was 11/2001. I took all the out of date
stuff to one of the kids working in the dept, and told him it was all out of
date. He looked at me like I was crazy or something. I had to explain to him
what the date stamp on them was. I handed him the film and walked away, just
knowing he was just going to put it back on the shelf. So when I got up to the
front of the store I made sure to tell the manager. I suppose that's one of the
pitfalls of buying film at the discount houses.

 Has anyone ever tried this type film? It's called Kodak Max Zoom 800. I picked
up the roll that was still in date and thought I'd give it a try at my son's
next football game. If anything good comes out of them I'll try to show them.
Good shooting,
Smitty