[OM] 65-116 telescoping tube question

Subject: [OM] 65-116 telescoping tube question
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:11:58 -0600
 Just been given one of these (birthdays are _very_ handy for the stuff I
know I'd never buy myself, but still lust after) and while it works lovely,
there's a weird almost sandy noise as it moves.

 If I shake it, it sounds for all the world as if there's a lot of sand in
there rattling around. If I just turn it upside-down, the same thing
happens. Opening it/closing it, it's quiet; no difference to the
noise-when-shaken, though, and locking it doesn't do a lot either.

 I can't see anything that might cause this, and it doesn't have any obvious
effect, but should I be worried? I'm assuming it's just the parts that
extend the aperture controls rattling against the case; is this reasonable?

 thanks,

 -- dan