[OM] Buying Film -was Kodachrome

Subject: [OM] Buying Film -was Kodachrome
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:02:31 -0400
There are wholesale places which have good prices. When I was a
student at Ryerson Photo Arts in Toronto 30 years ago, Hall's would
sell me, on credit, with local delivery, film & paper at excellent
prices.

You may have a local source, especially if you have a business with
tax numbers to quote.

Tom

On Monday, September 24, 2001 at 9:31, Walt Wayman <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "Re: [OM] Kodachrome," saying..

> On Mon, 24 September 2001, "Charles Loeven" wrote:
>
> > Most pro films are available from several sources here in "Lost
> > Wages" NV. but camera stores are so expensive it makes B+H seem like
> > the only source. And my big sister works right down the street and
> > she can go in and beat them up if they screw me.  ;-)
> >
> > Charlie
>
> Absolutely right!  I buy nearly all my photo gear and supplies from
> B&H.  Besides better prices, there's no sales tax, and shipping
> charges are usually less than the 6 percent extracted by the state.
> I've never had an order take more than three days to arrive.  And as
> for prices -- last year I got caught short of film and had to buy a
> couple of 36 exp. rolls of Fuji Provia 400 from Wolf.  The price just
> for the film was more than I pay for both film and processing mailer
> by Fuji from B&H.  I also got screwed when I took it back to Wolf for
> developing.  Total cost for film and processing per 36 exp. roll: $16.
>  Never again.  My refrigerator runneth over with 35mm, 120 and 220
> film from B&H.

---------------  Abacurial Information Management Consultants
Tom A. Trottier, President ICQ:57647974  http://abacurial.com
        415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
        +1 613 291-1168 fax:594-5412  N45.417 W75.705
(after 2001 Oct 14) 758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115  N45.412 W75.714
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin