Re: [OM] F280 multi flash use

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 multi flash use
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Sep 2001 05:13:56 -0700
On Fri, 21 September 2001, "Tom A. Trottier" wrote:

> I wonder if the many flashes of the F280 in the Super FP mode have
> ever been used to take multiple pix of something real fast, like a
> bullet?
>
> Tom

I did some bullet photography years ago.  The trick is triggering the flash at
the right time.  We used two strands of very thin wire a couple of millimeters
apart stretched across the path of the bullet and attached to the flash -- a
Heiland Strobonar of some sort, as I recall.  When the bullet caused the wires
to make contact, the flash went off.  The gun (usually a .22, but we did try
some larger caliber stuff) was secured in a vise, because this had to be done
in the dark.  After the lights were turned off, the shutter was opened, the
trigger pulled, and the bullet took its own picture.  Had to remember to close
the shutter before turning the lights back on, though.

Walt Wayman