Re: [OM] Extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension tubes
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:17:29 -0500
Here's another use:  the OM 1.4X-A teleconverter has a projecteing element
on the front which prevents mating with most lenses that have rear elements
near the mount.  My Sigma 400/5.6 is such a lens, but by placing a 7 mm
extension tube between the lens and the 1.4X-A, it all fits.  I can't focus
at infinity, but i can still focus quite a ways out.  Gary Falkenberry told
us about this technique, and it allowed me to get this shot:
http://members.home.com/maitani/owl.htm

By the way, did the uncivilized few on this list run Gary F. away?

Barbatus