[OM] Re: stupid flash tricks

Subject: [OM] Re: stupid flash tricks
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 05:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
I recently took a set of flash shots of my cats with a
T20 and an OM2n. I did not notice the bright spot you
spoke of.

I have noticed this sort of thing when the surface I
am shooting is very reflective. So perhaps your cats
have a glossy coat.

The obvious thing to try is to tilt the T32 such that
the flash light bounces off the ceiling. You would
want to use the Auto mode for this and let the OTF
metering handle exposure. You also will want to
consider your distance so that the subject is in the
reflected light.

Another problem taking pictures of cats, are there
eyes. The flash light tends to be reflected in thier
eyes in a manner similar to red eyes, except that the
color is more green.

Reflected light should help with this problem as well.

Good luck!