Re: [OM] One camera, one lens (+ extras)

Subject: Re: [OM] One camera, one lens (+ extras)
From: Neal Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:31:28 +0100
One camera, one lens?

Mmmm. Needs to be light, eh? Good quality optics? Good exposure
system/light meter?

Olympus 35 SP (not too heavy, great lens & spotmeter. Rangefinder)
Olympus XA (Good exposure, rangefinger, great lens, not too heavy)
Olympus mju (light, AF, good lens, flash; even a zoom option)

I love all three. Pinnacles of perfection in their own time(s).

SLR? OM2n (It's the 'best' I've owned - a design icon...OK, it's an OM1
copy with electrics!), plus.....zoom (35-70, F3.6) and extension tube (if
allowed!). Must confess, though...I bought a Tamron SP 28-80 F2.8 really
cheaply...and rather than damage the Zuiko..I use this a lot whilst in the
mountains. It's got a 'macro' option, too. It's a faster lens, and I enjoy
the wider angle.

I really must get a 'really' wide angle lens (19?, 21? 24 mm) for my OMs. I
think it would make a big difference to my photography.  I often 'see' the
photo I want to make, but 28, 35 mm isn't short enough. Any suggestions
(bearing in mind I'm on a teacher's salary!!).

I have a Vivitar 19mm Pent*x K lens which I found on a mountain last
summer!  It's cleaned up quite well! Just a ding in the filter ring. Is
this of use to anyone?   I also have a Kiron 28/2 and a Hannimex 28/2.8?
which I should really get rid of?  Anyone want to trade?

Neal (in UK)
system administrator at:
CAEREINION HIGH SCHOOL
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx