Re: [OM] List name change

Subject: Re: [OM] List name change
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:08:04 -0700 (PDT)
Thomas Bryhn wrote:

As an insensitive OM camera toting robot I have an advice to humans:
Find yourself a shoulder to cry on, not a keyboard.
Seriously, I don't understand why your "real feelings" have to be
vented here, despite others (supposedly unreal?!?) feelings to keep
this an OM centered forum. You may feel you know a few people here, but
we're also 250 strangers listening in, and I don't see anything
"natural and normal" with OT personal feelings in such a group. I
really hope this list is not your only contact with the outside world.
That would be quite sad, but I can't help wondering.
I'm also quite surprised that some people think it's their *right* to
talk about whatever they want, even in a group devoted to one subject.
That's freedom of speech gone terribly wrong, and very disrespectful to
those of us expecting at least some OM content.

Thomas,

There are some long-standing members of this list who are respected for
their valuable contributions over the years and without whom the list
would be very much the poorer. Dirk is one of them. The present
extraordinary events demand extaordinary understanding and tolerance
for one another. I expect this list will settle down soon and I, for
one, am prepared to wait for it to do so.

It's not really a major inconvenience for there to be OT threads at a
time like this, is it?. There have been a number of far less defensible
OT threads in the past, believe me! I hope we lose no members over this
present issue but, if there are people who can't tolerate a week or so
of OT stuff and elect to remove themselves, so be it.

Regards,

=====
Ray