Re: [OM] OTF: Reliable? NOT!

Subject: Re: [OM] OTF: Reliable? NOT!
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:48:48 -0400
> If you look at the black side of the plastic cover that goes on the
> back of the T32, it refers to automatic control by the OM-2. Tom is
> right, the T-32 existed before the OM-2n.

Hi Ray,

Looking at my Olympus SIF stuff yesterday, It's clear that Olympus
marketed the OM-2N as the "OM-2".  You need to get into the fine print
of the brochure before there's any mention of the "N" or a description
of how it differs from the original "2".  Look at any magazine ad for
the OM-2N, and the headline is for the"OM-2".  I don't think the T32
flash panel reference to the "OM-2" can be taken to mean it precedes the
2N.  I'm sure Olympus wanted to sell as many T32's to original "2"
owners as they could, and sell a few shoe 3's also.

Maybe the T32 was out at the end of '79.  But I'll stick by my prior
post . . . the T20 was out first, along with the OM-2N.  Lots of dealer
literature lists the 2N and T20, but no T32 or BG2.

Morgan Sparks