[OM] Ritz cdr service, long

Subject: [OM] Ritz cdr service, long
From: "jlamadoo, home account" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:17:49 -0400
I had 3 experiences recently with Ritz burning cdrs for me.  How do I say
this?  Uh... One of the 3 was good.  :)

ROLL 1: In Newburyport, Mass, the cdr was finished when I went back 90
minutes later.

ROLL 2:  When I got home I asked, "Have you had any problems with the film
processor today?" no.  "How many film jams have you had today?"  none.  "Do
you have a cdr burner here?"  yes.  "Can you burn a CD for me in an hour?"
yes.

So I gave them the work.  After she took my name and fed the first 2 rolls
into the processor, she goes, "Oh, by the way, our CD burner is down."

I said, "Huh?"

She goes, "Yeah.  It's down."

I said, "How long has it been down."

"3 hours.  IBM is working on it now."

"I wish you'd told me that before I gave you the work.  I could have gone to
the other Ritz location.  Did you say that IBM is working on it?"

"Yes."

"Exactly _how_ is IBM working on it?  No one is on the phone.  If IBM is
doing phone support, who is taking the call?"  She didn't have an answer.

My third experience with having Ritz burn a CD was at a further different
location.  Naturally, I asked them questions about whether or not the thing
was actually up.  They said yes.  So when I went back, they gave me the
awful looking index images on copier paper instead of the index print on
photo paper that the other location provided.  (I didn't actually care about
that but really, what's the point of using copier paper and a bad 4 color
inkjet??  Not that all 4 color inkjets are bad.)  Anyway, the guy said that
as he was scanning, the software kept insisting that he was starting a new
CD.

When I got home, I couldn't even view thumnails using the provided
Picture-It Express.  Nor Photoshop.  I doubt that the guy opened even one
frame after the problematic burning session.  Sheesh!   Do you build a car
then deliver it without ever starting it?

My two cents.

Lamadoo

Mark said,
end of the week, since I'm on my third roll of film
and the developer I am using (Ritz Camera), gives
discounts for each roll after the first in its Photos
to CD sale. Thank you for your time.