[OM] Re: Attacks on the U.S.

Subject: [OM] Re: Attacks on the U.S.
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:18:58 -0700 (PDT)
Tris Schuler wrote:

Unfortunately that is so, Jim. But that is the nature of war.

Consider. Were all Germans responsible for Hitler? Yet did we not bomb
German cities into dust? Were all Japanese responsible for their
Emperor, for the ruling junta under Tojo? And did we not bomb Japanese
cities to dust as well? Why did we do these things? To unjustly visit
harm on innocents or the alternative . . . to save the lives of as many
of our innocents as we could?

Would your course have us sit back meekly and wait for the next attack
from these fools? If so, I find myself compelled to stand against you.
My inclination is to first take care of the interests my own. I am not
what I would consider to be a war monger, but I am not a pacifist bent
on self-extinction, either.

We have been attacked. Please consider the implications of yesterday's
events. Wake up!

Tris

Quite so. There are indications that the goblins reponsible for these
attacks are from a part of the world whose culture despises weakness
and respects only strength. Lack of a strong reponse now, by the USA
and its allies, would be interpreted as cowardice and would result in
more terrorism. Give those people an inch and they'll take a mile.

Regards,

Ray