[OM] A public request

Subject: [OM] A public request
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:36:34 -0500
Tris,

I tried privately, and it didn't work.

I will try publicly.

Please stop the posts about the tragedy.  You have posted over and over and
over and the post count is ridiculous.  4 of the last 9 posts have been
yours - and that's just an example.

A number of people have politely requested that we get back on topic.  I
directed this to you, as, at the moment, you are the one that is
overwhelming the lists with your posts.

I am by no means the moderator and have no desire for the job. I am,
however, a member of the list and have been for awhile.  Not as long as
many, so if it the longer standing members want it to be me that backs off,
just tell me.

I am asking that everyone use some common sense.  The is clearly a shared
tragedy and perhaps the posts were part of the healing process, but I,
personally, can't see the benefit of continuing to flood the list with more
and more inciteful posts (not insightful).

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I suspect not.  Let's take our thoughts
and concerns off-list, to our families and friends.  We are a family here
and share the pain, but this is headed towards a big mess and isn't far
away.

Tom