Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:23:55 -0700
It's the so-called "white liberal" argument and it's quite frustrating to confront. But we must deal with it, as so many in Western societies conform to the slap-happy creed. It's "pacification" with a capital P, it is the curious notion that problems of others are not only "ours" but were actually caused by "us," the notion that "we" are responsible for these ills and must realign our societies in order to conform to this new, more "fair" world order. It's convenient, it's all the rage, and if you are not high up on your toes it is worryingly easy to buy into.

Free thinkers beware!

Actually, I happen to believe that Western society has much to answer for, but this isn't the time to get into that. We deal with crazed terrorists at the moment, and there is no justification of their cause.

Tris

"People don't turn into terrorists if they are not forced into it." - - - Bernd

This is patently absurd! People are brainwashed into becoming terrorists by pathetic leaders who are able only to lead through hatred. Hitler was not forced into forming squads of S.A. to destroy Jewish businesses, he was not forced to encamp them and finally exterminate them. Stalin was not forced to exterminate 10 million people. No one forced Bader-Meinhof to kidnap and kill! Terrorists _choose_ to inflict terror. You imply that by not acquiescing to demands made by terrorists we somehow force them to take action; or is it your belief that the mere existence of wealth in America and Western Europe somehow forces these people to turn to terrorism?
M.E. Bachofen