[OM] Re: Attacks on the U.S.

Subject: [OM] Re: Attacks on the U.S.
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:31:48 -0700

And more innocent civilians will suffer and die. Innocent civilians that have less ability to control the choices their country makes than we do. Truly shameful.

Jim Couch

Unfortunately that is so, Jim. But that is the nature of war.

Consider. Were all Germans responsible for Hitler? Yet did we not bomb German cities into dust? Were all Japanese responsible for their Emperor, for the ruling junta under Tojo? And did we not bomb Japanese cities to dust as well? Why did we do these things? To unjustly visit harm on innocents or the alternative . . . to save the lives of as many of our innocents as we could?

Would your course have us sit back meekly and wait for the next attack from these fools? If so, I find myself compelled to stand against you. My inclination is to first take care of the interests my own. I am not what I would consider to be a war monger, but I am not a pacifist bent on self-extinction, either.

We have been attacked. Please consider the implications of yesterday's events. Wake up!

Tris