Re: [OM] OT - World Trade Centre insanity

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - World Trade Centre insanity
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:17:07 -0400
It was quite a dark day here in the NYC area. I went home from work early today as they closed our building, stopping at an overlook where you can see lower Manhattan (I live about 20 mi from NYC). The smoke obliterated views of the area.

We heard many stories at my girls' elementary school from people who worked in Jersey City, which is right across the river from lower Manhattan. Most of those people saw the whole disaster from front row seats.

My brother-in-law works 2 blocks from the WTC, where they evacuated their building soon after the second plane impact.

One of my girls' fathers had an appointment on the 105th floor of the WTC this morning, but was delayed by typically heavy NYC traffic. He was in the lobby of the WTC waiting for the elevator when the first plane hit. Talk about fate!

We had quite a night explaining to our 9 and 6 year old girls why they won't ever see the twin towers of the WTC again as we go into Manhattan for shows or sightseeing, or drive up the Turnpike. And why someone would do such a terrible thing. And why they wouldn't stand up and take credit. And, and, and.

Our world will NEVER be the same.

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed here.