Re: [OM] Fort Davis pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Fort Davis pictures
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:33:00 -0400
Cc: "OM List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 9:02 AM -0500 9/9/01, Gary Edwards wrote:

Adobe Photoshop 6.0 has a nice feature that automates production of a simple
web gallery.  I've used it to put together a quick site with pictures from
last weekend's trip to the Davis Mountains in far west Texas.

http://members.home.net/zuikos/ft_davis/FrameSet.htm

Yes, I know that the picture of the Lucifer hummingbird suffers from
compression.  I spent more time that I care to tell battling with my ISP
server to replace that file - but I was defeated.

Technical:  All with OM-4T, all but the hummers on Provia 100F pushed two
stops, hummers on Supra 400, zone tailed hawk with a Sigma 400/5.6 wide open
on a tripod, the red-tailed with my Tamron 400/4 and an OM 1.4X-A wide open
(the lack of sharpness is due to my poor focusing, not any fault of the
lens), flower and lizard pictures with a Zuiko 50/3.5 at f/8 hand held.

Nice pix, but just one question: why the Provia pushed two stops instead
of provia 400? Is the grain still better?

paul    suddenly becoming a fan of superia 400

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx