RE: [OM] Re: Digital Musings (long)

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Digital Musings (long)
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:37:21 -0600
> Most all of my processing is done at the local Costco's
> "one-hour photo".
> [snip] If I want a given negative really "done
> well" I'll takeit to a pro shop and have it custom printed, but
> the method I'm using now lets me keep costs low while I
> learn and experiment.

 This is what I've been doing; a question, though. Is it "safe" to get film
developed at a generic place? I realise that the prints may come out wonky,
but can they do anything to the film itself by processing it on auto? (other
than scratch it/get dust on it/etc; that I have to take my chances with, I
guess).

 -- dan