Re: [OM] Your opinion on 35-70's

Subject: Re: [OM] Your opinion on 35-70's
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:49:49 +0200

Hej Bernd

Tamron have (had) an SP 28-105/2.8, but used prices tend to be high. I have the
SP 35-105/2.8, which I am very happy for. I bought it used in Bingo in
Copenhagen for 500kr. (60USD), but had to have it repaired by Tamron for another
500kr. as the focusing was very sticky. I use it as my standard lens.

Sincerely,
Roger Key

Hi,

> > Yes, I thought about other lenses. What really temptated me is
> > something like a 28-70 f2.8 or so, because I'd like to have a bright
> > lens, that's also sharp and compact. But a bit of scanning the market
> > has not gives results so far.
>
> Perhaps you should consider fixed focal length lenses.
>
> Say a kit with 21/2, 50/1.4, 100/2

I normally use the 50/1.4, 82/2 and 24/2.8 or 28/2.8 for my concert photos. I
have no faster wide angles, but that bothers me not so much. A zoom, however,
would enable me to change focal length faster, which is some thing I often wish
I could do. Carrying two bodies along is not always convenient.

Regards

Bernd