Re: [OM] Olympus Filter Quality?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Filter Quality?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:19:34 +1000
What does B+W cost around your way? A 49mm circular polariser is available
here for just under $50. Not cheap but I wouldn't buy a Tiffen for $40! I
recently went the whole hog and bought a 49mm B+W Kaesmann C-pol for just
under $65. (Very nice tone, sexy gold lettering). Warm tone polarisers are
more expensive again. Linear types (Top-pol) are cheaper at under $35 and
fine for OM1/2. Disadvantage is they are quite heavy in the body, as are
Heliopan.
As to Nikon being made by Hoya - perhaps, but the Nikon L37c (coated UV) I
sold a while back was slimmer and had a much better looking coating than
ANY Hoya I've ever seen.
AndrewF