Re: [OM] Question about winders

Subject: Re: [OM] Question about winders
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 12:37:50 -0400
Cc: <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Mark,
If you intend to use the winder on the BG-2, you need to be aware that the
BG-2 is flexible. The cord designed for use with the winder is not. It's
only about 2.5 inches long, requiring the flash handle to be oriented to the
right side of the camera so it can reach the right side of the winder where
the socket is.

Some folks think you must use a winder with the BG-2, but it can be oriented
with the handle on the left (the flash head will swivel around to face
either direction). This would leave the right hand available to fire the
shutter on the camera. Of course, the left hand is tied up holding
everything.

The base of the BG-2 has a number of positions for mounting the camera, or
winder. To use your non-oly winder, you may only need to get or make a cable
to reach from the handle to the winder. I'm not familiar with the winder you
have, but the BG-2 is not rigidly designed to only fit OM cameras and
winders. Only the cable seems to be 'short' in that department. If you'd
like, I can scan the BG-2 baseplate so you can see the mount positions, if
it would help.

--Mickey