Re: [OM] OM2S (OM2-SP) shutter not firing but able to wind on - KnownPro

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2S (OM2-SP) shutter not firing but able to wind on - KnownProblem? is it the interlock?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:14:00 -0400
Simple test:  set camera to manual 1/1000, open back,  look through the back
while you fire the shutter.  You should see some light.  Or fire while
pointed at a bright TV screen, you should see a diagonal slit of 1/8 to
1/4".    If not, possible magnet is not holding, shutter is not winding all
the way, or magnet is bad.  Could be many other possibilities too.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000