[OM] Mirror lock on OM-2

Subject: [OM] Mirror lock on OM-2
From: Jarno Verhoeven <J.Verhoeven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:04:11 +0200
Hello all,

I bought some equipment recently, most of it working except for a OM-2 body
which I got for free. It's in good condition (except for the fact that it is
very dead).
The mirror is locked in it's "up" position. Fresh batteries don't relieve
this situation, although the batterycheck function does work. I took the top
and bottom off yesterday and everything looks squeaky clean, the contacts of
the main switch look like new. The rewind knob however, is slightly bent and
there is no sign of damage inside the camera. Does anybody have a clue as to
what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Jarno Verhoeven